To have hitched in Nova Scotia, you’ll want a wedding Licence before you have got a wedding ceremony. The licence is legitimate for a couple of months through the date it is granted.
You must have a married relationship Licence to have hitched in Nova Scotia. You want the licence just before have actually a married relationship ceremony.
Having a marriage licence does mean you’re married n’t. This means you’re permitted to get hitched. The licence is valid for a couple of months through the date it is granted.
You are able to select a spiritual or ceremony that is civil.
A spiritual agent of your option may perform the ceremony that is religious. The representative requirements to be registered with Vital Statistics.
A justice of this comfort or judge may perform the ceremony that is civil they’re registered with Vital Statistics.
You have to have 2 individuals who are at minimum 16 years old witness the ceremony.
Certification of wedding
At the time of the ceremony, your representative that is religious regarding the comfort or judge will provide you a memento certification. This document just isn’t proof that is legal of.
After a wedding is registered, you’ll submit an application for a formal wedding certification, that will be legal evidence of wedding.
Engaged and getting married outside Nova Scotia
If you are about to get married away from Nova Scotia, you’ll want to contact the jurisdiction where in fact the wedding ceremony will require spot for registration and licensing requirements.
You may get hitched in Nova Scotia if you’re 19 or older rather than presently hitched. You’ll need a finalized permission type if you’re 17 or 18. You can’t get married if you’re 16 or more youthful.
Both individuals engaged and getting married need certainly to finish the Marriage Licence Application and Affidavit Form. The Affidavit Form needs to be witnessed by the agent that is authorized. If both events aren’t accessible to use in person, contact Vital Statistics. It is possible to submit an application for a licence and acquire hitched in Nova Scotia even although you don’t reside in the province.
Just how to use
- Browse Access Nova Scotia or even A deputy issuer of wedding Licences in your community.
- Complete the application form form you are given by them.
- Look at the application for information on all required supporting papers.
- Include payment along with your application.
- Offer your finished application, supporting papers and re re payment to your Deputy Issuer.
- The Deputy Issuer gives you a wedding Licence.
- Provide your wedding Licence to your spiritual agent, justice associated with the peace or judge ahead of the marriage service.
Just how long it takes
You really need to obtain the licence immediately. It could take more time if extra information is necessary or if perhaps your type hasn’t been filled in properly.
Re re Payment choices
Visa, MasterCard, United states Express, debit card, cheque, cash purchase, money. a cheque or money purchase should really be made payable towards the Minister of Finance. re Payment choices can vary greatly dependent on the method that you use.
Ensure you have actually:
- finalized bit of government-issued recognition and evidence of age both for individuals engaged and getting married
- evidence of divorce proceedings if either individual engaged and getting married is divorced (Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute), together with the affidavit
- proof death if either individual engaged and getting married is widowed
- written permission of the moms and dads or guardians, if needed (the Deputy Issuer gets the required consent forms)
Connect with get hitched at a Registry workplace
You and your partner must attend an interview and lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage if you intend to get married at a Registry Office, at least a month before the ceremony. The Notice continues to be valid for as much as eighteen months.
You are able to lodge your Notice and book a consultation to go to a job interview at:
- Chippendale Registry Workplace
- Parramatta Registry Office
- Wollongong Service Centre.
- The marriageable age is 18 years. If somebody, maybe maybe not yet 18, desires to marry ahead of their birthday that is 18th a court empowered to offer a ‘Section 12’ order will give authority for the wedding to be solemnised.
- 2 persons aged under 18 years aren’t allowed to marry one another.
- A Notice of Intended wedding can be lodged ahead of the eighteenth birthday celebration, provided that the wedding happens following the birthday.
Things you need
- the PDF kinds:
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
‘Registry Marriage & Certificate Application’.
Note: Photocopies of paperwork aren’t accepted.
Just how to use
- Check out the eligibility needs.
- Down load and complete: a. Notice of Intended Marriage – PDFb. Registry Marriage & Certificate Application – PDF.
- Gather together the documentation that is necessary.
- Choose the ‘Book a consultation’ switch.
- Enter the needed information mail order wife.
- Go to your chosen registry workplace or your Wollongong Service Centre visit.
- Lodge your Notice and applications with re payment, and verify the time and date when it comes to ceremony.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage is legitimate for approximately eighteen months.
- The lodgement charge is non-refundable.
- If you want aid in making plans for your Registry marriage ceremony, complete the online Wedding scheduling kind, additionally the Registry are certain to get in touch with you.
Re Payment techniques
You can easily review deal re payment choices on our re payment practices web page.