When deciding which college to attend for the following four years, it really is so valuable to visit the school you’re considering, if possible. I remember visiting many different schools throughout the spring of my year that is senior and to imagine myself as a student for each campus. What would I eat at the hall that is dining? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? That I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and still be myself for me, it finally clicked when I found a campus. We encourage all of our admitted students to take benefit of our admitted student programs throughout this next month to try to envision what your USC experience might be like.
Even although the National Candidate Reply Date isn’t until May 1, we have pupils asking, ‘Where do we sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and ideally when) you determine to come to USC, here is an outline for the steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on line at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for Financial Aid, in the event that you haven’t already. Look at the Financial Aid section of our site for more information about how exactly to apply for school funding.
- Submit your Housing application by May 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you presented your application, thus you’ve got a better chance of having the type of housing you want the sooner you apply. Also if you’re maybe not 100% sure you are arriving at USC year that is next you’ll submit the housing application and $45 fee to keep your spot in line.
- Subscribe to attend Orientation over the summertime. Orientation is a chance that is great spend time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you will have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you will additionally sign up for courses with a academic advisor. You shall be in a position to subscribe to an Orientation program 5 7 business times after you distribute your commitment deposit.
- Forward in your final school that is high and AP/IB exam outcomes. USC awards college credit for most AP examinations with a score of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for each score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB high level exams. Browse our Office of Articulation website to see exactly which type of credit USC grants for the AP that is various and exams.
When you yourself have concerns that are not covered in your admission packet or on our blog or website, please contact your https://casinopokies777.com/royalvegas-casino/ admission counselor. We are happy to help answr fully your questions and can’t wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what exactly does that mean?
For starters, we’ve more international students than any institution that is private the united states (15% in last 12 months’s freshman course!). We genuinely believe that having students from different countries around the globe contributes to a learning that is positive by enabling for various viewpoints and opinions to be highlighted in the class.
Certain courses themselves are even designed around providing pupils with the opportunity to interact with students from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC additionally ranks sixth in the nation for sending pupils abroad. We provide 54 programs in 29 countries, on every continent except Antarctica (perhaps someday!) Students can go abroad for a whole year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. If you do not want to remain away from USC for too long, we additionally offer many summer programs. As an example, freshmen in the Marshall School of company are able to satisfy leaders in worldwide business by traveling abroad for a 10-day system (past destinations have included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can improve their Spanish language skills by investing a summer living with a bunch family and taking courses in Madrid, Spain. For more information about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students can also do research abroad through programs such as for instance Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides pupils utilizing the chance to combine research that is inquiry-based international travel. For a weeks that are few students will always be on-campus and investigate a problem that is international in scope. They then travel to the certain area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on breakthrough. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are being offered in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, simply to name a few!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Lately, we have exposed an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we now have already begun to increase our collaboration with Brazilian researchers. With more than 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only continue to expand its international existence.
As we become an increasingly globalized culture, it’s imperative that our students are exposed to various countries, as well as getting the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but our company is undoubtedly a place that is global!