Login


Register | Recover Password
 

World Poker Tour Sold To Ourgame International

World P<span id="more-19773"></span>oker Tour Sold To Ourgame International

The WPT expanded under bwin.party, but was ultimately an acquisition tool that is loss-making. Brand New owner Ourgame wants the brand to help it to grow as a ‘global social gaming company.’

The World Poker Tour was offered up to a Hong Kong-based media that are social developer for $35 million in money.

Owner bwin.party confirmed the purchase, to Ourgame International Holdings Ltd, early Monday, adding that the deal had no bearing on the acquisition speaks surrounding the rest of its assets.

The WPT was a ‘non-core asset of the group,’ a business spokesperson said, emphasizing the sale that is recent of units, such as Win, the business’s social video gaming arm.

Bwin is currently in negotiations with 888 Holdings, which has offered an undisclosed cash and paper bid to obtain the organization in its entirety, and Amaya Inc and GVC Holdings, that have proposed a €1.5 billion ($1.7 billion) joint bid that could essentially divvy up bwin.party’s assets between the two.

User Acquisition Tool

Ourgame, a fairly unknown company in the English-speaking globe, is listed on the Hong Kong Stock market and focuses primarily on online multi-platform card-based social games for the Chinese and East Asian markets, where it has 30 million active month-to-month users.

In 2014 its games brought in revenues of $76.7 million, and in December that year Ourgame acquired the rights to make use of the WPT brand name in 14 countries across East Asia, including China, Malaysia, Korea, Vietnam and the Philippines. The two companies cooperated in the organization of the WPT China, late year that is last.

Under the terms of the agreement, bwin.party continues to sponsor events on the trip in Europe and North America until December 31, 2016.

The WPT ended up being basically a customer acquisition tool for bwin.party. Last 12 months it yielded a reported total revenue of around $11.8 million, and a loss at the clean earnings, before interest, income tax, depreciation and amortization, of $4.6 million

Because it acquired the WPT from creator Steve Lipscomb’s WPT Enterprises, for $12.3 million, bwin.party is continuing to grow the trip from a series of 16 event that is main to more than 70 events across the world, with all the addition of WPT Alpha8, WPT National and WPT DeepStack events.

Ourgame says that the acquisition will help it grow to as a worldwide social video gaming brand name.

‘Over the previous six years we’ve built WPT into a franchise that is global with tournaments and TV discounts in many countries including Asia, where poker remains a popular and growing sport,’ said Martin Weigold, chief financial officer of bwin.party. ‘However, in keeping with our strategy of divesting our non-core assets, we believe that now is the right time for you to release that value for investors so that we can concentrate our efforts on our core a real income gaming and technology company.’

Ourgame is an ‘incredible technology company,’ said Adam Plisksa, president and CEO of WPT, ‘and that was our greatest weakness.’

Bryan Micon Expected In Court On Thursday

Bryan Micon will return to Nevada to create a scheduled court date this Thursday. (Image: CalvinAyre.com)

Bryan Micon is coming straight back to America to face the music regarding the cost filed against him by Nevada authorities.

According to court records, Micon is anticipated to produce a court look at A thursday hearing, and defense lawyer david chesnoff has stated that he expects micon to be there for the court date.

Micon had been the chairman of Seals with Clubs, A bitcoin-based online poker room that was shut down earlier this year after a February raid on Micon’s Las Vegas residence.

Which was one of the series of activities, including many different technical difficulties, which evidently led the remainder Seals with Clubs management team to shut down store.

Raid Leads to Arrest Warrant

While Micon was launched with no fees filed against him after the raid, authorities did seize some computers and other equipment that is electronic belonged to him.

In April, Nevada officials issued an arrest warrant for Micon, alleging that he had operated an unlicensed interactive gaming system in hawaii.

But by that time, Micon had taken refuge in Antigua with his family members, having flown here soon after the initial raid. Micon’s return for the court hearing appears to be the very first time he has stepped foot in america since leaving many months ago.

Micon has since launched a version that is new of site, known as swcpoker.eu, that is additionally a poker site that is bitcoin-only.

Last week, in front of the scheduled court appearance, a judge recalled Micon’s arrest warrant, which allowed him to freely travel back to Nevada. Based on court documents, Micon will probably face a booking that is brief the Clark County Detention Center, but should then be released on his own recognizance.

Chesnoff Defends Another Tall Profile Customer

If the name of Micon’s lawyer strikes you as familiar, it’s probably as you have been seeing it often in gambling-related cases over the past year, also as in stories about cases involving other celebrity consumers.

Chesnoff was an integral person in the defense group that eventually got all charges dismissed against Paul Phua, the Malaysian businessman and high stakes poker player whom was accused of running an illegal World Cup recreations wagering band from a villa at Caesars Palace.

In that instance, Chesnoff was successful in having nearly all regarding the proof against Phua thrown out of court due to FBI strategies which were later considered unconstitutional by way of a judge.

Chesnoff additionally represented Instagram superstar Dan Bilzerian after he was charged with counts linked to bomb-making following the detonation of the homemade explosive, spreading elements of a tractor-trailer cab across public lands outside Las Vegas.

In that situation, Bilzerian avoided more severe charges and rather entered a misdemeanor, which is why he paid a find and recorded a public service announcement for the Bureau of Land Management.

Micon could potentially face consequences more severe than either Phua or Bilzerian, making the stakes even higher for Chesnoff and his client that is latest.

If Micon is available responsible on the unlicensed gaming that is interactive charge, he could potentially face up to 10 years and jail and a $50,000 fine.

Ladbrokes and Gala Coral Proposed Merger Could Form Bookmaking Superpower

Jim Mullen, Ladbrokes CEO, claims: ‘A merger has the potential to come up with significant cost synergies, creating value for both businesses’ shareholders.’ (Image: standard.co.uk)

Ladbrokes and Gala Coral, two of Britain’s largest wagering organizations, have begun negotiations over a possible merger, which, if realized, would produce a bookmaking superpower.

An alliance of this two companies would create a group with almost 4,000 street that is high shops throughout the UK, dwarfing the incumbent market leader William Hill, which has around 2,400 outlets.

But there’s no certainty that the discussions, which center on combining Ladbrokes with Coral Retail, Eurobet Retail, and Gala Coral’s online firms, will lead to an understanding, Ladbrokes stressed in a news release.

CEO Jim Mullen said that the board was still determining whether a deal could be the move that is right the company.

‘A merger with Gala Coral could create a combined company with significant scale and contains the potential to generate significant cost synergies, creating value for both companies’ shareholders. The Board has perhaps not yet concluded whether a transaction is strategically attractive and certainly will be sent to investors on appropriate terms,’ Mullen said.

Digital Enhancement

Nevertheless, a consolidation of this two companies’ online operations may turn out to be attractive to Ladbrokes. Mullen ended up being introduced three months ago to shore up the company’s electronic arm, which recorded shaky leads to 2014. Total profits that are online the year fell over 70 percent, from £10.8 million ($16.9m) to £3 million ($4.7m), while poker reported a 31 percent fall in revenue. On line poker now makes up just 2 per cent of digital profits, the ongoing company said.

Over all its operations, Ladbrokes reported a fall that is large pre-tax revenue for 2014, from £68m ($106.8m) to £38m ($59.7m). The organization stated that it expected to shut 60 UK shops this season.

‘Since becoming CEO my focus was on an even more plan that is aggressive build digital scale and grow our leisure client base across all networks, which is key to creating a more sustainable and growing Ladbrokes,’ said Mullen, who previously oversaw the development of main rivals William Hill’s online operations. ‘My plans are well advanced and I look forward to presenting them to shareholders.’

1998 Acquisition Attempt

Ladbrokes previously attempted to purchase Coral back in 1998, but the acquisition was vetoed by the Trade and Industry Secretary Peter Mandelson. The impact of removing Coral as an essential third nationwide competitive force in the off-course betting market, would, stated Mandelson, ‘lead to a weakening of price competition at the national level; a dampening effect on innovation; and a decrease in consumer choice.’

If completed, the deal would be structured as a takeover that is reverse of traded Ladbrokes by Coral, which is owned by private equity firms.

New Documents Reveal Pete Rose Bet on Baseball as Player

New documents expose that Pete Rose gambled regarding the Reds while he was still playing for the group. (Image: USATSI)

Pete Rose admitted over a decade ago that he had bet on baseball while the manager of the Cincinnati Reds, and that alone was plenty of for Major League Baseball to justify Rose that is keeping permanently to be involved in baseball tasks.

But Rose has always maintained, up through this season, he was a player that he never made such bets when.

Now it appears as if even Rose’s partial defense might have been a lie.

On Monday, ESPN’s Outside the Lines published pages they obtained from a notebook that was collected included in a raid on the home of Michael Bertolioni, a former associate of Rose’s, by the United States Postal Inspection Service in October 1989.

Notebook Shows Bets from 1986

Into the notebook, you can find details of wagers by Rose that took place in 1986, the final year of his playing profession as he served being a player-manager for the team. The pages revealed by Outside the Lines cover betting activity that covers March through 1986 july.

Critically, the notebook will not show any proof (or suggestion) that Rose ever bet against the Reds at any time. While not everything in the product is legible, the guide does show that Rose bet on baseball on at the least 1 month during that period.

On 21 of those full times, there were bets by Rose on the Reds, including on at least some games that Rose played in himself. Rose also bet heavily on other sports, particularly on basketball.

The majority of Rose’s bets were for $2,000, regardless of the sports he was betting on. His single largest bet had been a $5,500 wager on the Boston Celtics, one that he lost.

Dowd Finds Closure from Documents

The former federal prosecutor who headed up the Major League Baseball investigation into Rose’s betting and lent his name to the infamous Dowd Report that led to Rose’s ban from baseball, the new information served as a vindication of the work he did back in 1989 for John Dowd.

‘This does it,’ Dowd said. ‘ This closes the home.’

The information in Bertolini’s notebook had been unknown as yet because it comes from a study into mail fraud and had nothing related to Rose or gambling in basic.

Ever since then, the notebook has been under a court-ordered seal in this new York office of the nationwide Archives, and officials have declined release a it publically.

Outside the Lines had Dowd review the newly revealed documents as an element of their story.

‘We knew that [Bertolini] recorded the bets, and that he bet himself, but we never had his records,’ Dowd said. ‘This is the final piece of the puzzle on a brand New York operation that is betting organized crime. And, of course, [Rose] betting while he casino-online-australia.net was a player.’

New Info May Scuttle Reinstatement

The unveil is likely to be described as a setback that is major Rose, whom recently applied for reinstatement with new commissioner Rob Manfred.

However, Rose’s lawyer issued a statement saying that they wouldn’t normally comment on the new developments.

‘Since we submitted the application form earlier this year, we committed to MLB that we would not comment on certain issues relating to reinstatement,’ the declaration read. ‘I have to maintain that. To be sure, I’m eager to sit down with Manfred to address my entire history—the good and the bad—and my long personal journey since baseball.’

Pete Rose played within the major leagues, primarily because of the Reds, from 1963 to 1986, during which time he collected a record that is all-time of hits.

But in 1991, the Baseball Hall of Fame voted to exclude anyone on the ineligible list from being considered for addition, which includes held Rose from being honored as one of baseball’s all-time greats.